The World of Celvia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Celvia

not sure

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Place a New Life

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2008-03-12

A New Place a New Life Empty
PostSubject: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Vi awoke with a start sitting up straight. Looking around she realized where she was after a few moments. She was in a small room that Pernas, the dragon, had given her. She sighed lying back in the bed for a moment.

It was peaceful here and she liked it. Shifting her legs out of the bed she stood up. 'Should I call him now?' the thought came to her. Though it wasn't a very welcome one. She could be alone for a while see what else was in the room. She opened up the cabinet that he had got water from and grabbed another drinking that down.

Then she searched for clothes but found none. Her clothes were shredded not exactly what she wanted. Changing her bandage with a cleaner scrap of her clothing Vi was sure to clean anything she had left behind. Making the bed and trying to make it as if she had never even been there.

Making her way out of the room she looked down the large hallways. It was built from a cave of course but it still seemed strange. Had he built it? With his hands or claws perhaps. Running her good hand over the wall she walked it for a while not bothering to walk in to any rooms.

The birds seem pretty free so she stopped and turned to a near by one, "Can you tell Pernas I'm ready for him to ask me questions?" She smiled at the bird trying to make it feel comfortable as it ruffled it's brown feathers. She tucked her hair behind her ears to show her face. Only one scar marred her cheek but she always felt it like a burn.

A sign that she had been struck there. It was sham written on her face. Just bellow her eye it went down only a few inches. That seemed to do it as the bird took off in search of Pernas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skinnystray
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm

The bird stopped its preening. "Umm... okay, sure, I'll try and see if I can find him, ummm..." The bird struggled, trying to figure out how to address Vi... what to call her. Though rather make that painful admission that he did not know, he just flew off in search of the dragon. Though the bird was in little hurry. It'd be a little while before he found the dragon and returned.

The second bull she had seen the other day was grazing nearby, and he lifted his head to look at her. Apparently, Pernas didn't get around to eating him the other day.

"Oh, good morning." He said cheerfully, swallowing his cud, and bowing his head, politely. Though he'd been told she wasn't a dragon, he still associated her as such in the back of his mind.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Vi smiled at him feeling more... free at being able to address the animals instead of people, "Good morning to you as well. Um, I don't mean to impose but did Pernas build this place? It's amazing."

She blushed scarlet at admitting it, "It's just very nice." That brought on a new question, "What does he look like when he's a dragon?"

It was a bit hard to imagine the painting in the hall being him. Well it was hard to imagine the transition from man to beast. Though she was talking to a cow and had asked a bird to get the dragon.

Perhaps not so absurd, "I'm sorry. I'm just curious." It seemed as if she didn't really expect him to answer her any more looking embarrassed and drawn back.

Her head tilted down and her hair once again covered her face. Hiding the violet eyes and small scar from view. It was more comfortable there. Even in front of the cow and especially if Pernas decided to show up. Sticking her fingers in her pockets she felt the small receipt to something or other that her father had bout her. Trying to make forgiveness with money.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:35 am

"I don't know if he built it..." Xon said, sitting down. "He says that this island, everything on it, was a gift from his father. That picture in there." he indicated towards the cave. "He says that's his father. The dragon in the picture. He painted that picture, and he has done some things... sculptures, and some buildings of his own, but alot of the stuff is from before I can ever remember."

His head lifted up at her question. "What does he look like?" he asked. "Well... the only dragons I've ever seen are him and that painting. He's powerful and majestic, though. Shining blue scales, wings. When a new calf is born and sees him, the calf terrified. But he's kind, so he's not quite so terrifying after awhile. But I was terrified when I first saw him. We all were."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 am

Vi digest the cows words. Taking her time she settled in to the grass. Propping her hurt hand up so it wouldn't hurt her. It was aching though but it was to be expected. Her other hand tucked her dark locks behind her ears before rubbing through the soft grass.

It seemed to be the only thing normal here so she decided to not be normal and confide in this cow. He seemed better then Captain Carbonbuckle any time, "I'm not sure what to think about him. If he's a dragon it might mean that he's different then the men I've been around but that might just mean worse. From what I hear from you and the way the birds treats him it seems he's nice."

She smiled just a tiny bit and another questions struck her, "What's up with Captian Carbonbuckle? He looked like someone peed on him." She laughed thinking about the ridiculous cow.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 am

The bull started laughing. "Captain Carbonbuckle?" he said through the laughter. "Well... I don't really know what to think of him. He's always trying to mess with Pernas. Does funny things with himself and gets Pernas to eat him. And he takes himself rather seriously." he said. "But being around him is a great way to relieve boredom. No," he said, shaking his head. "Most of the herd is more like me. Carbonbuckle is just... he's unique, put it that way..."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 am

Vi laughed with the cow it felt good to be on a lighter subject, "He certainly seems like it. Though Pernas ate him didn't he? Am I not going to see him again?"

The thought was slightly depressing. Despite his odd behaviour he was after all the first person she had met. Her fingers began plucking at the grass for no particular reason. The sun beat down on her black hair and she knew it must look terrible. She would need to get clean at some point in time as well.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:40 am

"Oh, we simply become calves again when we die." The bull said. "You'll see him again soon, no doubt. Dying isn't a big deal... It's just an opportunity to be rejuvinated. Start over young and full of vitality. I suppose Pernas might want me for breakfast... he just didn't get around to eating me yesterday. Stopped being hungry after about five others." he chuckled. "But that's what I get for eating in his garden."

Then, there was a WHOOSH and a THUD, as the blue dragon landed behind them. "Ah. Good morning, Vi." he said, sitting down, (to make himself appear a bit smaller, to not intimidate), "You sent the bird for me. Did you sleep well?"
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 am

Vi was startled but as she was sitting it turned in to a deer caught in the head lights. She staid perfectly still. When she could finally breath again she concentrated on not the huge jaws and long sharp claws but instead on the other assets of him.

As the cow had described him he was beautiful with the same piercing blue eyes and crystal shape. He was a glorious blue with the thin membrane of his wings threaded through the perfect arched ribs of his wings.

Finally after the silence had stretched she spoke, "Yes, and you?" Wow how was that for lame? Vi was just dumbfound by the beauty of him. Even though she had been told.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 am

"I'm very well, thank you." Pernas said. "I see you've been getting acquainted with the locals?" he asked, looking at Xon, who nodded timidly. "I trust I'm not too rudely interrupting your conversation?"

Pernas didn't want to get into probing questions right away. He could tell that she was a bit taken aback by him, but pretended not to notice, something easy to do that with reptilian features.

"You sent one of the birds?" he asked softly.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:37 am

Vi just nodded but she was concentrated on him more. She got to her feet and approached. Her fingers reached out and rubbed across the scales. She liked them cool but a hint of warmth from his beating heart inside.

That reminded her and she took a few steps away as if it had burned her, "I'm sorry. I just think you look amazing."

She tucked her hair behind her ears, "Yeah, I'm going to need a change of clothes and somewhere to bath." She looked a bit sheepish about asking such trivial things from a dragon. Of course she did need them if it wasn't evident from the tattered clothing and mud splattered across her, "Maybe a brush too?" She picked at her hair as if remembering it. Running her fingers through it but not able to completely get rid of the knots.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 am

Pernas didn't quite know how to respond... This girl just reached out and touched him.

"...Thank you..." he said at length. Then he paused. "Hmm... I'll look around the caves, see if I can find you some new clothing. I don't usually go looking for the like, but I may have them. As for a bath, I can show you the way to some of the bathrooms. If you're more of an outdoors type, there are rivers and lakes and hotsprings and the like. Varied terrain and all." His eyes shifted over to Xon.

"I haven't quite had breakfast yet." He said. Xon promptly swallowed his cud. "Were you finished with your conversation?" He posed his next question delicately. "You aren't particularly squeemish, are you? If you like meat, we can have breakfast here and I can see about finding you some new clothes."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Vi paled visibly but she seemed to try and regain her self, "Um I can stand a ways away. I'm fine with meat just not watching things die." She frowned but turned away quickly to walk in to the trees. She stood with her back against a tree away from what was sure to come. Covering her ears with her hands she waited.

Thoughts gave her refuge. Thinking about him. He was handsome and she compared beast to man. By linking them it was easier to face the man part and somehow it felt good. To be able to like someone. Perhaps he wouldn't hurt her but for now they knew next to nothing about each other.

She smiled her purple eyes lighting up though she felt her black hair catch in the rough brown bark. It didn't seem to matter though. Not here in this place.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Xon looked from Vi to Pernas, concerned. "Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Xon." Pernas said. "Death's just... different for them. Not a light matter. Now then..." he said, standing up and walking over to what was to be his breakfast. He quickly killed the creature, painlessly, and began to prepare it so as to be more fit for human consumption, cutting the skin off and draining the blood, eating the parts that would be less savory for a human to look at. He made sure to be very clean about it. He set the carcass on the ground and breathed flames over it, roasting it, and then gingerly cut pieces of meat off and laying them on the rocks. He turned his neck around towards the trees where Vi had went.

"You can come out now!" he called. "Breakfast is ready."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Tentatively she stepped back around and took a seat by one of the rocks, "Are you going to be a man now or a dragon still?" She kind of wanted to watch him change but felt a bit strange. Not wanting to pressure him about it.

"I like you either way. Funny as your a bit frightening as either for me," She laughed a dry chuckle. Then contented her self with filling her belly with the meat. It was the best she had tasted. Cooked well and evenly. Dragons were good cooks then.

"So who was your father?" Small talk but it seemed enormous.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Pernas chuckled a bit. "Well, if this makes you uncomfortable..." he said. The sapphire on his forehead began to glow, and he reverted to human form.

"Now, then. My father..." He began to think back. "He was a dragon, like me. His name was Eonoe. He was a quiet person. Not very happy about anything. And scared of alot of things. Scared for me..." he looked around at the surrounding forrest, meadow, mountains... "And all this? He gave it to me. He said to me, 'Pernas, this is all yours. Be safe here, and be happy.' And so he left me here." he sighed. "I don't know where he is anymore. I know he's still alive somewhere... at least I think he is. Never seemed like the type to die..."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Vi felt more comfortable as he talked and she wiped her hand clean on her clothes then reached up and grabbed his hand. It was a test for both of them but she was proud that she didn't cringe. Tugging him to sit down beside her.

"Do you miss him?" She frowned up at him, "It probably doesn't get very lonely. You talk to everything." She smiled now and it lit up her face. Her violet eyes a darker shade.

She liked him she addmited. He seemed kind and being a dragon after all made her interested in him. Well, who wouldn't be after meeting a dragon for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am

"Yes." Pernas said, nodding. "But the birds and the cows here... they aren't quite the same as human company. They don't understand things." he shrugged. He sighed, looking off at the mountains. "I miss father very much. He was very kind to me. Maybe I'll see him again. Considering simple chance, it's likely, given enough time..." he smiled softly. "You seem to have come here by chance..." he faced her. "You say you... you just fell unconscious and woke up here?"
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am

Vi's brow creased in concintration, "Well, my father did have a boat. He hit me pretty hard and then I don't remember much. Maybe he..." She trailed off not wanting to think that her father had tried to get rid of her.

Releasing his hand she turned her face away. Gulping air for a while to regain her self. When she could breath normaly she looked at him again, shyly through her hair, "Sorry, I know I might not be telling you what you want."

She looked down and poked her finger in to one of the many holes of her pants. A nervouse gesture as if he was going to do something.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 am

"There isn't a specific answer I'm looking for." Pernas said, trying to calm her. "Don't worry. I'm not angry or anything. Just puzzled. I didn't think it would be possible for someone to show up... the whole idea was that I was to secluded from the rest of the world..."

Pernas' eyes flicked over. A cow was about to sart eating a patch of oleander.

"Hey!" He shouted. "That stuff's poisonous, you might not want to eat it!" The cow paused for a minute, apparently deciding whether or not it cared, and then decided to move on to something that wouldn't kill it.

"Sorry about that." Pernas said, turning back to Vi. "Now, what do you say we look for some more suitable clothing?"
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:05 am

Vi smiled but didn't look up at his words. That was before he shouted and she looked up startled but he was turned the other way. Following his gaze there was a cow there as if wondering if it should care to listen to Pernas' warning.

It lumbered off and he turned back, "Yeah, maybe you can look? You'll probably be able to search faster then me. I can take a bath. Inside is fine." She of course liked the out doors but she wanted to see more of the caves.

"So your an artist right? Do you just paint?" Small talk again but she got to her feet ready for him to lead the way. Though her face was turned away, looking out in to the woods as if waiting for a wolf to come out.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am

Pernas stood up, stretching. "Oh, no. I also play music, too. But it's mainly those two. Painting and music. Now, anyways, come. I'll show you to where you can bathe." He said, walking back into the caves.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:06 am

Vi followed after not at his side, like a friend, but behind like a lap dog. She knew it was strange but she wasn't afraid of him. Not at all but she felt more like in awe. Astounded that such a being would exist and only entranced by his beauty.

"Do you have any abilities like a snake? Like entrancing things and such," Now she only hoped it came off as small talk as she watched the back of his head. White hair but he was extremely young.

((Forgive for spelling errors. School compy doesn't have spell check.))
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 am

"Entrancing?" Pernas asked, turning his head and raising an eyebrow. "Not that I know of..." he shrugged, with a chuckle. "I don't really have any... abilities... unless you count my music and art." he said.

"Oh, and turning into a dragon..." he added with a smile.

He led her through the long corridors of the cave, filled with the strange light-emitting crystals, along with other artworks. Paintings, sculptures, and others. "Here we are, just down these steps." he said, descending a stone staircase, which led into a large bathroom with a marble bathtub and what appeared to be a faucet. So he had working plumbing. "I trust this should suffice just fine." he said. "Now I'll leave you to your privacy and find you some clothes." he said, turning and walking back up the steps. "If there's anything else you need, just holler."

Well, so far things seemed to be going well. This new occupant seems to be coping well, he thought. Shouldn't cause any serious problems. He'd have to alert the aviary and the herd to the new guest, clarify things. Not that they weren't aware of the new guest, but there were rumors flying around (for the umpteenth time, she is not a dragon).

Last edited by Pannic on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 am

Vi nodded at him and turned toward the huge bathtub. It was beautiful as the rest of the house but she was thankful for the faucet that she turned on. The water splashed over the bottom and steam began to rise.

The bathroom was huge and he had walked away already but she waited for steam to fill the room. Then she removed her clothing. Setting it on the bottom step so she could get rid of it later. The water splashed around her as she wadded through it.

It felt amazing and she began to wash with the bar of soap. Soon bubbles and grime filled the tub along with a bit of blood as she washed her hand clean. Taking a towel she wrapped it around her self. Settling on the steps beside her old clothes and using a clean strip of cloth to wrap around her hand. 'When would he come back?' she wondered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Place a New Life   A New Place a New Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Place a New Life
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World of Celvia :: Home and Prison by our own Pannic :: Rps-
Jump to: