The World of Celvia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Celvia

not sure

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing Empty
PostSubject: Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing   Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:26 am

I've been playing for upwards of five years, somewhere around seven or eight years. I've seen some great games and I've seen some total flops. These are tips I've developed.

-Keep a file somewhere on each of your characters. If you want to be able to access it anywhere, get a Google Documents account and save the document online (http://docs.google.com). In this file, include your character's profile, a list of who your character has met in the game, and maybe what your character has done. I always forget who I've met or how they met in the long run. It makes a great reference.

-Remember the difference between IC and OOC. This is probably incredibly obvious. What you know, your character doesn't necessarily know. If a character really hates your character, that doesn't mean the player of that character hates you.

-When you're making a post, try to follow the skirt rule: Long enough to cover what it needs to, but short enough to keep it interesting. When posts are too long or too short, they're equally hard to respond to.
Back to top Go down
firehazard
The light and the darkness all in one baby
The light and the darkness all in one baby
firehazard

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing   Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Thank you that was a great idea about keeping a list of who they met.
Back to top Go down
https://ablackandwhiteworld.aforumfree.com

Adain's Tips for Better Role Playing
Page 1 of 1