The World of Celvia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Celvia

not sure

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can I have a do over?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:12 am

"Perhaps" Pernas said, fidgeting. "But wherever we go, you have to stick with me. Whatever it is that's out there-"

"What's out there?" The father asked, trying not to betray any trace of fear in his voice.

"I don't know." Pernas said sternly. "But whatever's going on, stick near me. I'm the one who stands the best chance of keeping you safe." he said, shifting into his dragon form.

"We'll make our way upstairs. There's a cave exit up there. When we're there, the birds can inform us about what they've found out."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:29 am

"Then?" Vi asked as she rose to her feet and took a position beside the large dragon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skinnystray
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:44 am

"Very well. Not arguing with... you." Father said, standing up slowly and looking at the dragon.

"Good." Pernas said. "Follow me" he said, leading them up a staircase. The clop-clop of hooves informed them that the other cow had decided to follow them.

"After this matter is over," Pernas said, looking at them, "I'll have to show you more of the caves and the islands. There is a massive network of them all over the island, and believe me, this is a big island. You'll be able to see more of it from the top."

"Like Ralph did?" father asked.

"Y...no." Pernas said. "Not like Ralph did."

"I wonder if we'll run into any of those crazies?" the cow behind them said. "Haven't seen any of them in awhile."

"Crazies?" Father asked.

"Er..." Pernas said, trying to think of a way to explain. "I don't like to call them..." he stopped. "That."

He was looking at a small calf in front of them, hunched and skulking. Its eyes were narrow, and is almost had the demeanor of a cat. It backed away, its back arched. The calf seemed malnourished, as though it had lived entirely in these caves that had few plants, instead of in the grassy fields with the others.

"Mother..." the calf whispered, backing up. "He's found us." It was at this point that a female cow stepped out of the shadows, with the calf backing behind her.

"Yeah..." Pernas said. "These are the, uh..."

"The Dwellers." the cow following them said. "They live in the caves here. Completely nuts. Lord Dragon doesn't eat them much because they aren't as tasty as the rest of us."

"Shhh..." the mother cow said to the fidgeting calf. She, too, had a malnourished appearance.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Vi gazed at the poor cow. It didn't ever see much of the out side world. She vowed to remember to leave out some fresh picked flowers for them to eat poor thing. She looked up at Pernas though she couldn't read his expression.

"Pernas, we should probably get them to go out side or something. It might be safer if there is something dangerouse on the island."

She fidgeted a bit like the calf though keeping her head low now and her hand resting lightly on the pretty blue scales of his thigh.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:21 pm

"What the devil is the matter with them?" Father asked. "Why are they in-"

"They're deathly scared of Lord Dragon is what they are." the cow following them said (let's call him 'Ned').

"It's... complicated. I'll tell you more about it later." Pernas said. "In any case, they won't follow us."

"The Serpent will meet its match soon" the calf crooned softly.

"Yes... yes he will." the calf's mother said.

"Let's just move along." Pernas said, moving them past them, towards another staircase. Ned stopped in front of the calf and its mother.

"You know, you really should get out more" he said, before following the rest. The two glared at him.

"That was weird." Father said.

"I don't have much contact with them." Pernas said. "They don't like me, so they decided to move to places I didn't occupy so much, so that I wouldn't eat them. They've taken up some parts of the caves I didn't use as much."

"And they went crazy somehow." Ned said.

"The plateau is just up here." Pernas said, as they approached the top.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:47 pm

"Poor things," Vi muttered under her breath as they passed them and went up the passage listening silently to there conversation. There was a clopping and a gangly calf trotted up.

"Not that I much wanna ask Mr. Shiny Scales here but what is goin on? Been keepin them ruffians held down and what are you doin?" Vi smiled and patted the calf who ducked away.

"Hey, Captain Carbonbuckle," Vi said quietly.

The Captain looked pleased, "She knows how to greet someone!" Though he was turned around fast and heading back in the direction of the Dwellers, "Catch you later. Gotta talk to some of the Dwellers."

Vi wondered briefly if he was planning some kind of revolt. It seemed the cow was up to much more then experimenting with Pernas.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Pernas looked at the Captain suspiciously. "He's up to something..." he muttered. "He's always up to something."

"If he were anyone else, I'd wonder why he'd want to have anything to do with the Dwellers," said Ned, "but then.."

"I recall he lived with them for quite awhile" Pernas said. "Might've been his first herd before he integrating with the others. In any case, here we are." he said, as they exited.

They stood out on a more open expanse, high above the ground. For the view it afforded, you couldn't completely forget you were on an island - they weren't facing the sea, but a vast, rolling expanse of green fields, rivers, forests, and mountains.

"We'll wait up here." Pernas said. "We can see all around us, and the birds can come up here to give us their report."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:13 am

Vi sat down and though her voice was taken by the beauty of this place her eyes were more intent upon the birds she could make you flitting through the trees.

Soon enough the small green Pip flew out across the tall grass and landed on Vi's shoulder, "Master Dragon, there is no reports of any strange creatures but there is several more accounts of not just cows anymore. A few of the larger birds have been taken as well."

Vi frowned, there had to be something! Though she was silent. Her violet gaze out upon the waving grass that waved in the after math. There was a tree that had fallen. A large strong tree though it's branches were now crushed beneath it and it lay like a fallen angel.

They waved in the wind as if wanting to stand straight and tall once more. She sighed watching this and wondering what kind of monster lurked on the island now that they had come here.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:32 am

"That Dweller..." Ned said quietly. "He said that the Dragon would be 'meeting his match' soon."

"Wait..." Father said, backing up. "That means that whatever this thing is that's eating them... is after you!" he said, pointing at Pernas. Then his face went white and he backed up, shaking.

There it was. A big, hunched-over monstrosity. It was quadrupedal, and pitch-black in color, difficult to see whether it was covered in fur or scales. It was hard to say what it looked like, but it had cruel claws and a wolf-like head, its jowls dripping with saliva and blood. It leaped from the rocks above them onto the ground, its eyes fixed on Pernas, who turned to face it.

"Get behind me." Pernas said to the others, spreading his wings. "Go back into the caves and run away. I'll have to kill this thing..."
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:36 am

Vi didn't leave though she stood beside Pernas for a moment looking up at the thing. Pip nipped her ear hard and she turned to the caves. Though when her feet met the cool floor she turned and looked out for Pernas.

The monster might have been the same size or smaller perhaps but fear made him larger then life. Pip shivered and kept nipping at her ear to get her to move but Vi ignored him.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:51 am

Pernas stood where he was, not moving, his eyes fixed on the monster, who... which stared back at him, breathing heavily.

Pernas wondered. What was this thing? What was it trying to do? Was it even trying to do anything at all?

But there was little time to look into that question, as the monster charged at him. Pernas, likewise, charged at the monster, grabbing its throat in its claws. The monster was apparently very strong, and managed to push Pernas back, but Pernas still maintained a grip with his front feet, digging his hind claws into the hard ground, snarling at the monster.

Then, with one motion, Pernas lifted the monster and threw it over the edge of the cliff. The thing let off a noise that sounded like a snarl and a howl as it hurtled down onto the rocks below. It hit the ground with a sickening thump.

Pernas, Father, Alar (who had returned with Pip), and Ned walked over to the edge, looking down. It lay limp on the rocks, which were beginning to be stained red.

"I'm going to go down there. Make sure it stays dead." Pernas said, stepping off the cliff, wings spread.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:09 am

Vi came forward but instead of looking at the fallen monster she watched Pernas. As his blue form slid off of the side of the cliff. Gracefully opening his wings. He was stunning. A true sight of power as he came closer and closer to the monster.

She moved back eventualy reminded of falling off the cliff earlier. Pip flew off her shoulder though and flew to circle the remains of the beast. Taken away so easily when brought in the open.
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:18 am

Pernas landed next to the monster, and looked at it. "It's dead alright." he said. "But I'll finish it." he said, and with that, he breathed his fire, setting the carcass aflame.

The others stood, watching.

"Hopefully that's the last of that." Ned said.

"Yeah. Hopefully." Father said.

"If another one comes, Lord Dragon can easily kill it again!" Alar said staunchly.

"You'd fit in very well with the Flock" Ned said to Alar, as Pernas flew back up.

"Is everyone all right?" Pernas asked.
Back to top Go down
HFCP
Creatureofearth
HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:26 am

Pip landed safely back on Vi's shoulder and of course pipped up, "A courses we are. Now that that's over with." He took off like a diver bomber. Barely flapping he dissappeared in to the trees. Eventualy the birds that had been flitting around stopped and it was once again a quiet island.

Vi nodded but said nothing once more. Instead watching as the birds settle. It was like she had her own little island that was her self. Drawn away from all, "What are we to do now? I don't feel much like breakfast any more."
Back to top Go down
Pannic
RidingtheWave
RidingtheWave
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:30 pm

"I'm not particularly hungry, either..." Pernas said. "I don't think I have the stomach for it right now."

"This mean I'm off the hook?" Ned asked.

"I guess so."

"Sweet."

"Well, I think that we should all get some rest." Pernas said. "Even if it is early in the day. Let's get some rest. Then maybe we can all do something more interesting. It's a big island."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a do over?   Can I have a do over? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I have a do over?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World of Celvia :: Home and Prison by our own Pannic :: Rps-
Jump to: